With the engine at operating temperature and turned off, check the oil level on the dipstick.
■ Checking the engine oil
1. Park the vehicle on level ground. After warming up the engine and turning it off, wait more than 5 minutes for the oil to drain back into the bottom of the engine.
2. Holding a rag under the end, pull the dipstick out.
2.5 L 4-cylinder (A25A-FKS) engine
3.5 L V6 (2GR-FKS) engine
3. Wipe the dipstick clean.
4. Reinsert the dipstick fully.
5. Holding a rag under the end, pull the dipstick out and check the oil level.
The shape of the dipstick may differ depending on the type of vehicle or engine.
6. Wipe the dipstick and reinsert it fully.
■ Adding engine oil
If the oil level is below or near the low level mark, add engine oil of the same type as that already in the engine.
Make sure to check the oil type and prepare the items needed before adding oil.
1. Remove the oil filler cap by turning it counterclockwise.
2. Add engine oil slowly, checking the dipstick.
3. Install the oil filler cap by turning it clockwise.
■Engine oil consumption
A certain amount of engine oil will be consumed while driving. In the following situations, oil consumption may increase, and engine oil may need to be refilled in between oil maintenance intervals.
■Used engine oil
Call your Toyota dealer, service station or auto parts store for information concerning recycling or disposal.
■To prevent serious engine damage
Check the oil level on a regular basis.
■When replacing the engine oil
■If oil is spilled on the engine cover (2.5 L 4-cylinder [A25A-FKS] engine)
To prevent the engine cover from being damaged, remove any engine oil from the engine cover as soon as possible using a neutral detergent.
Do not use an organic solvent such as brake cleaner.