Toyota Camry: Does not Recognize Voice Commands Performed to Contact Support Center
CHECK COMMUNICATION BASED VOICE RECOGNITION FUNCTION
(a) While paying attention to the condition of the spoken voice command, say "Find a gas station in New York" and check that voice recognition is operating normally.
- When the voice command is recognized, the content of the voice command is displayed in the voice recognition result display area to the right of the mic icon. (Example: When "Find a gas station in New York" is spoken, "Find a gas station in New York" is displayed in the voice recognition result display area.)
- If an unnecessary word (such as "um" or "ah") is spoken before or after the recognition word, the system incorrectly recognizes the recognition word.
- The system cannot recognize voice commands when multiple people are speaking simultaneously.
- If the speaking speed is too fast or too slow, the recognition rate may decrease.
- The system may have difficulty recognizing voice commands depending on the voice quality (such as a hoarse voice due to poor physical condition).
Voice command is recognized normally.
Voice recognition may be difficult due to the speech condition, incompatible phrases, or differences between speakers.
CONTACT SERVICE CENTER
DESCRIPTION This circuit is used to send and receive signals between the DCM (Telematics Transceiver) and radio and display receiver assembly or navigation ECU. WIRING DIAGRAM
DESCRIPTION Using this circuit, the radio and display receiver assembly sends signals to the stereo component amplifier assembly. WIRING DIAGRAM
CHECK HARNESS AND CONNECTOR (RADIO AND DISPLAY RECEIVER ASSEMBLY - STEREO COMPONENT AMPLIFIER ASSEMBLY)
(a) Disconnect the
REMOVAL CAUTION / NOTICE / HINT
The necessary procedures (adjustment, calibration, initialization, or registration) that must be performed after parts are removed and installed, or replaced during stereo component amplifier assembly removal/installation are shown below. Necessary Procedure After P