Toyota Camry: Dynamic radar cruise
Summary of functions
In vehicle-to-vehicle distance control mode, the vehicle automatically
accelerates and decelerates to match the speed changes of the preceding
vehicle even if the accelerator pedal is not depressed. In constant
speed control mode, the vehicle runs at a fixed speed.
Use the dynamic radar cruise control on freeways and highways.
- Vehicle-to-vehicle distance control mode
- Constant speed control mode
■ Meter display
- Multi-information display
- Set speed
■ Operation switches
- Vehicle-to-vehicle distance
- "+ RES" switch
- Cruise control main switch
- Cancel switch
- "- SET" switch
■Before using dynamic radar cruise control
■Cautions regarding the driving assist systems
Observe the following precautions, as there are limitations to the
provided by the system.
Failure to do so may cause an accident resulting in death or serious injury.
■Situations unsuitable for dynamic radar cruise control
Do not use dynamic radar cruise control in any of the following
Doing so may result in inappropriate speed control and could cause an accident
resulting in death or serious injury.
- Roads where there are pedestrians, cyclists, etc.
- In heavy traffic
- On roads with sharp bends
- On winding roads
- On slippery roads, such as those covered with rain, ice or snow
- On steep downhills, or where there are sudden changes between sharp
and down gradients
Vehicle speed may exceed the set speed when driving down a steep hill.
- At entrances to freeways and highways
- When weather conditions are bad enough that they may prevent the
from detecting correctly (fog, snow, sandstorm, heavy rain, etc.)
- When there is rain, snow, etc. on the front surface of the radar or
- In traffic conditions that require frequent repeated acceleration and
- During emergency towing
- When an approach warning buzzer is heard often
This mode employs a radar to detect the presence of vehicles up to
approximately 328 ft. (100 m) ahead, determines the current vehicle-to-
vehicle following distance, and operates to maintain a suit
Adjusting the set speed by the switch
To change the set speed, press the "+ RES" or "- SET" switch until the
desired set speed is displayed.
Increases the speed
Decreases the speed
When your vehicle is too close to
a vehicle ahead, and sufficient
automatic deceleration via the
cruise control is not possible, the
display will flash and the buzzer
will sound to alert the driv
DESCRIPTION The radio and display receiver assembly receives a reverse signal from the BKUP LP relay. WIRING DIAGRAM
CHECK BACK-UP LIGHT (a) Move the shift lever to R and check if the back-up lights come on.
OK: The back-up lights come on.
GO TO LIGHTIN
DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE CHART Audio and Visual System
DTC No. Detection Item
Lost Communication with Meter
B1325 Lost Communication with HUD
B1551 HD Radio Tuner Malfunction
B1579 Voice Recognition Microphone