Toyota Camry: USB charging ports
The USB charging ports are used to supply 2.5 A (USB Type-A port)
or 3.0 A (USB Type-C port) of electricity at 5 V to external devices.
The USB charging ports are for charging only. They are not designed
for data transfer or other purposes.
Depending on the external device, it may not charge properly. Refer to
the manual included with the device before using a USB charging
■ Using the USB charging ports
Open the console box lid and
open the lid.
■The USB charging ports can be used when
Vehicles without a smart key system:
The engine switch is in the "ACC" or "ON" position.
Vehicles with a smart key system:
The engine switch is in ACCESSORY or IGNITION ON mode.
■Situations in which the USB charging ports may not operate correctly
- If a device which consumes more than 2.5 A at 5 V (USB Type-A port) or
A at 5 V (USB Type-C port) is connected
- If a device designed to communicate with a personal computer, such as a
USB memory device, is connected
- If the connected external device is turned off (depending on device)
- If the temperature inside the vehicle is high, such as after the vehicle
been parked in the sun
■About connected external devices
Depending on the connected external device, charging may occasionally be
suspended and then start again. This is not a malfunction.
■Cable pass through
The shape of the console box rim allows
power cables to be passed through when
the console box lid is closed.
■To prevent damage to the USB charging ports
- Do not insert foreign objects into the ports.
- Do not spill water or other liquids into the ports.
- When the USB charging ports are not in use, close the lids. If a
object or liquid enters a port may cause a short circuit.
- Do not apply excessive force to or impact the USB charging ports.
- Do not disassemble or modify the USB charging ports.
■To prevent damage to external devices
- Do not leave external devices in the vehicle. The temperature inside
vehicle may become high, resulting in damage to an external device.
- Do not push down on or apply unnecessary force to an external device
the cable of an external device while it is connected.
■To prevent battery discharge
Do not use the USB charging ports for a long period of time with the
A portable device, such as a smartphone or mobile battery, can be
charged by just placing it on the charging area, provided the device is
compatible with the Qi wireless charging standard created by
Fold down the armrest for use.
To prevent damage to the armrest, do not apply too much load on the
An assist grip installed on the ceiling
can be used to support
The garage door opener can be programmed to operate garage
doors, gates, entry doors, door locks, home lighting systems,
security systems, and other devices.
The HomeLink wireles
CHASSIS INSPECT STEERING LINKAGE AND GEAR HOUSING
(a) Check the steering wheel free play. Click here
(b) Check the steering linkage for looseness or damage.
(1) Check that the tie rod ends do not have any play. (2) Check that the dust seals and boots are not damaged.
(3) Check that the boo
The Automatic High Beam uses a front camera located behind
the upper portion of the windshield to assess the brightness of
the lights of vehicles ahead, streetlights, etc., and automatically
turns the high beams on or off as necessary.
■Limitations of the Automatic High Beam
Do not o