Toyota Camry: LTA (Lane Tracing
Summary of functions
While driving on a road with clear white (yellow) lane lines, the LTA
system warns the driver if the vehicle may deviate from the current
lane or course*, and also can slightly operate the steering wheel to
help avoid deviation from the lane or course*. Also, while the dynamic
radar cruise control with full-speed range or dynamic radar cruise control
is operating, this system will operate the steering wheel to maintain
the vehicle's lane position.
The LTA system recognizes white
(yellow) lane lines or a course*
using the front camera. Additionally,
it detects preceding vehicles
using the front camera and radar.
*: Boundary between asphalt and the side of the road, such as grass, soil, or
■Before using LTA system
- Do not rely solely upon the LTA system. The LTA system does not
drive the vehicle or reduce the amount of attention that must be
paid to the area in front of the vehicle. The driver must always assume full
responsibility for driving safely by paying careful attention to the
conditions and operating the steering wheel to correct the path of the
vehicle. Also, the driver must take adequate breaks when fatigued, such
as from driving for a long period of time.
- Failure to perform appropriate driving operations and pay careful
may lead to an accident, resulting in death or serious injury.
■Situations unsuitable for LTA system
In the following situations, use the LTA switch to turn the system off.
to do so may lead to an accident, resulting in death or serious injury.
- Vehicle is driven on a road surface which is slippery due to rainy
fallen snow, freezing, etc.
- Vehicle is driven on a snow-covered road.
- White (yellow) lines are difficult to see due to rain, snow, fog,
- Vehicle is driven in a temporary lane or restricted lane due to
- Vehicle is driven in a construction zone.
- A spare tire, tire chains, etc. are equipped.
- When the tires have been excessively worn, or when the tire inflation
- During emergency towing
■Preventing LTA system malfunctions and operations performed by
- Do not modify the headlights or place stickers, etc. on the surface
- Do not modify the suspension etc. If the suspension etc. needs to be
replaced, contact your Toyota dealer.
- Do not install or place anything on the hood or grille. Also, do not
grille guard (bull bars, kangaroo bar, etc.).
- If your windshield needs repairs, contact your Toyota dealer.
■Conditions in which functions may not operate properly
In the following situations, the functions may not operate properly and
vehicle may depart from its lane. Drive safely by always paying careful
attention to your surroundings and operate the steering wheel to correct the
path of the vehicle without relying solely on the functions.
- When the follow-up cruising display is
displayed and the preceding
vehicle changes lanes. (Your vehicle
may follow the preceding vehicle and
also change lanes.)
- Vehicle is driven where the road
diverges, merges, etc.
- Repair marks of asphalt, white (yellow)
lines, etc. are present due to road
- There are shadows on the road that run parallel with, or cover, the
- The vehicle is driven in an area without white (yellow) lines, such
front of a tollgate or checkpoint, or at an intersection, etc.
- The white (yellow) lines are cracked, "Botts' dots", "Raised pavement
marker" or stones are present.
- The white (yellow) lines cannot be seen or are difficult to see due
- The vehicle is driven on a road surface that is wet due to rain,
- The traffic lines are yellow (which may be more difficult to
lines that are white).
- The white (yellow) lines cross over a curb, etc.
- The vehicle is driven on a bright surface, such as concrete.
- If the edge of the road is not clear or straight.
- The vehicle is driven on a surface that is bright due to reflected
- The vehicle is driven in an area where the brightness changes
such as at the entrances and exits of tunnels, etc.
- Light from the headlights of an oncoming vehicle, the sun, etc.
- The vehicle is driven on a slope.
- The vehicle is driven on a road which tilts left or right, or a
- The vehicle is driven on an unpaved or rough road.
- The traffic lane is excessively narrow or wide.
- The vehicle is extremely tilted due to carrying heavy luggage or
improper tire pressure.
- The distance to the preceding vehicle is extremely short.
- The vehicle is moving up and down a large amount due to road
during driving (poor roads or road seams).
- When driving in a tunnel or at night with the headlights off or when
is dim due to its lens being dirty or it being misaligned.
- The vehicle is struck by a crosswind.
- The vehicle is affected by wind from a vehicle driven in a nearby
- The vehicle has just changed lanes or crossed an intersection.
- Tires which differ by structure, manufacturer, brand or tread pattern
- When tires of a size other than specified are installed.
- Snow tires, etc. are equipped.
- The vehicle is being driven at extremely high speeds.
◆ Lane departure alert function
When the system determines
that the vehicle might depart
from its lane or course*, a
warning is displayed on the
multi-information display, and a
The illustration used is intended as an example, and may differ from
the image that is actually displayed on the multi-information display.
The illumination condition of the
Summary of function
The RSA system recognizes specific
road signs using the front
camera and/or navigation system
(when speed limit information is
available) to provide information
to the driver
ABBREVIATIONS USED IN MANUAL
ABS Anti-Lock Brake System
A/C Air Conditioner
AC Alternating Current
ACIS Acoustic Control Induction System
ACM Active Control Engine Mount
ACSD Automatic Co
DESCRIPTION These DTCs are stored when communication between the radio and display receiver assembly and combination meter assembly or headup display (meter mirror sub-assembly)* is not possible.
DTC No. Detection Item
DTC Detection Condition Trouble Area
B1324 Lost Communic