Toyota Camry: Rear seats (folding type)
The seatbacks of the rear seats can be folded down.
Folding down the rear seatbacks
Pull the seatback lever in the trunk
for the seatback you wish to fold
down and then fold the seatback
■When folding the seatbacks down
- Observe the following precautions. Failure to do so may result in
- Do not fold the seatbacks down while driving.
- Stop the vehicle on level ground, set the parking brake and shift the
lever to P.
- Do not allow anyone to sit on a folded seatback or in the trunk while
- Do not allow children to enter the trunk.
■When returning the seat to its original position
- Ensure that the seat belt does not get caught between or behind the
- If the seat belt has been released from its guide, pass the seat belt
Be careful not to get hands or feet pinched between the rear console box
and the rear seat when folding down the rear seatback.
■After returning the seatback to the upright position
Observe the following precautions. Failure to do so may result in death or
- Make sure the seatback is securely locked by pressing it forward and
on the top.
- Check that the seat belts are not twisted or caught in the seatback.
- Make sure that the seat belt is passed through its guide.
■When the right seatback is folded down
Make sure the luggage loaded in the enlarged trunk will not damage the
webbing of the rear center seat belt.
Head restraints are provided for all seats.
Pull the head restraint up.
Push the head restraint down while
pressing the lock release button.
1. Hold the steering wheel and
push the lever down.
2. Adjust to the ideal position by
moving the steering wheel horizontally
After adjustment, pull the
When your vehicle is too close to
a vehicle ahead, and sufficient
automatic deceleration via the
cruise control is not possible, the
display will flash and the buzzer
will sound to alert the driver. An
example of this would be if
another driver cuts in front of you
while you are following a
*1 NO. 2 ENGINE UNDER COVER ASSEMBLY
*2 V-RIBBED BELT
*3 FRONT WHEEL OPENING EXTENSION PAD LH
*4 FRONT WHEEL OPENING EXTENSION PAD RH
*5 NO. 1 ENGINE UNDER COVER
N*m (kgf*cm, ft.*lbf): Specified torque