Toyota Camry: Tire information
Typical tire symbols
Compact spare tire
- Tire size
- Summer tires or all season tires
An all season tire has "M+S" on the sidewall. A tire not marked "M+S"
is a summer tire.
- TUBELESS or TUBE TYPE
A tubeless tire does not have a tube and air is directly put into the
A tube type tire has a tube inside the tire and the tube maintains the air
- Radial tires or bias-ply tires
A radial tire has "RADIAL" on the sidewall. A tire not marked "RADIAL"
is a bias-ply tire.
- DOT and Tire Identification Number (TIN)
- Location of treadwear indicators
- Uniform tire quality grading
For details, see "Uniform Tire Quality Grading" that follows.
- Maximum cold tire inflation pressure
This means the pressure to which a tire may be inflated.
- Load limit at maximum cold tire inflation pressure
- Tire ply composition and materials
Plies are layers of rubber-coated parallel cords. Cords are the strands
which form the plies in a tire.
- "TEMPORARY USE ONLY"
A compact spare tire is identified by the phrase "TEMPORARY USE
ONLY" molded on its sidewall. This tire is designed for temporary
emergency use only.
Typical DOT and Tire Identification Number (TIN)
- DOT symbol*
- Tire Identification Number (TIN)
- Tire manufacturer's identification mark
- Tire size code
- Manufacturer's optional tire type code (3 or 4 letters)
- Manufacturing week
- Manufacturing year
- Manufacturer's code
*: The DOT symbol certifies that the tire conforms to applicable Federal
Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
■ Typical tire size information
The illustration indicates typical
- Tire use (P = Passenger car [sometimes
omitted], T = Temporary use)
- Section width (millimeters)
- Aspect ratio (tire height to section width)
- Tire construction code (R = Radial, D = Diagonal)
- Wheel diameter (inches)
- Load index (2 digits or 3 digits)
- Speed symbol (alphabet with one letter)
■ Tire dimensions
- Section width
- Tire height
- Wheel diameter
Tire section names
- Inner liner
- Reinforcing rubber
- Rim lines
- Bead wires
This information has been prepared in accordance with regulations
issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of the
U.S. Department of Transportation.
It provides the purchasers
Your vehicle includes a variety of electronic features that can be
personalized to suit your preferences. The settings of these features
can be changed using the multi-informa
Fold down the armrest for use.
To prevent damage to the armrest, do not apply too much load on the
An assist grip installed on the ceiling
can be used to support your
body while sitting on the seat.
Do not use the assist grip when getting in or out
*A for Fold Down Seat Type
*1 REAR SEAT CUSHION ASSEMBLY
*2 REAR SEAT CUSHION LOCK HOOK
*3 REAR SIDE SEATBACK ASSEMBLY LH
*4 REAR CENTER SEAT OUTER BELT ASSEMBLY
*5 REAR SEAT INNER BELT ASSEMBLY RH