Your vehicle is equipped with a spare tire. The flat tire can be replaced with the spare tire.
■If you have a flat tire
Do not continue driving with a flat tire.
Driving even a short distance with a flat tire can damage the tire and the wheel beyond repair, which could result in an accident.
Before jacking up the vehicle
Location of the spare tire, jack and tools
■Using the tire jack
Observe the following precautions.
Improper use of the tire jack may cause the vehicle to suddenly fall off the jack, leading to death or serious injury.
Do not use it on other vehicles, and do not use other tire jacks for replacing tires on this vehicle.
■To prevent damage to the vehicle when using a jack
When jacking up the rear of the vehicle, make sure not to position the jack under the bracket shown in the illustration near the rear jack point, as the vehicle body may be damaged.
Wheel lock nut (if equipped)
When replacing tires on a vehicle with wheel lock nuts, use the following procedures to remove and install the wheel lock nuts. The wheel lock key is stored in the tray inside the luggage compartment. Always return the wheel lock key to its original position after use, so that it does not get lost.
For ease of removal, the wheel lock nut should always be the first one loosened.
1. Place the wheel lock key on top of the wheel lock nut, turning until the wheel lock key and wheel lock nut patterns engage.
2. Place the wheel nut wrench on the wheel lock key, and while applying pressure on the wheel lock key, loosen the wheel lock nut.
For ease of installation, the wheel lock nut should always be the last one tightened.
1. By hand, install a wheel lock nut on the wheel to be installed.
2. Place the wheel lock key on top of the wheel lock nut, turning until the wheel lock key and wheel lock nut patterns engage.
3. Place the wheel nut wrench on the wheel lock key, and while applying pressure on the wheel lock key, tighten the wheel lock nut to the recommended torque.
■When using a wheel lock key
Do not use an impact wrench. Using an impact wrench may cause permanent damage to wheel lock nut and wheel lock key. If in doubt about wheel lock application, contact your Toyota dealer.
Taking out the jack
1. Lift up the hook of the luggage floor cover on the trunk floor.
2. Secure the luggage floor cover using the hook provided.
3. Remove the jack.