Toyota Camry: Replacing a flat tire
1. Chock the tires.
2. For vehicles with steel wheels,
remove the wheel ornament
using the wrench.
To protect the wheel ornament,
place a rag between the wrench
and the wheel ornament, as
shown in the illustration.
3. Slightly loosen the wheel nuts
Vehicles with wheel locks: Use
the wheel lock key to loosen the
4. Turn the tire jack portion "A" by
hand until the notch of the jack
is in contact with the jack point.
To prevent damage to the vehicle
when using the jack, position the
jack in the correct location.
The jack point guides are located
under the rocker panel. They
indicate the jack point positions.
5. Assemble the jack handle.
6. Raise the vehicle until the tire is
slightly raised off the ground.
7. Remove all the wheel nuts and
When resting the tire on the
ground, place the tire so that the
wheel design faces up to avoid
scratching the wheel surface.
■Replacing a flat tire
- Do not touch the disc wheels or the area around the brakes immediately
after the vehicle has been driven.
After the vehicle has been driven the disc wheels and the area around
the brakes will be extremely hot. Touching these areas with hands, feet
or other body parts while changing a tire, etc. may result in burns.
- Failure to follow these precautions could cause the wheel nuts to
loosen and the tire to fall off, resulting in death or serious injury.
- Have the wheel nuts tightened with a torque wrench to 76 ft-lbf (103
N-m, 10.5 kgf-m) as soon as possible after changing wheels.
- Do not attach a heavily damaged wheel ornament, as it may fly off
the wheel while the vehicle is moving.
- When installing a tire, only use wheel nuts that have been
designed for that wheel.
- If there are any cracks or deformations in the bolt screws, nut
threads or bolt holes of the wheel, have the vehicle inspected by
your Toyota dealer.
- When installing the wheel nuts, be sure to install them with the
tapered ends facing inward.
1. Remove any dirt or foreign matter
from the wheel contact surface.
If foreign matter is on the wheel
contact surface, the wheel nuts
may loosen while the vehicle is in
motion, causing the tir
If the engine will not start even though correct starting procedures
are being followed consider each of the following
The engine will not start even though the starter motor operates
If communication between the electronic key and vehicle is
interrupted or the electronic key cannot be used
because the battery is depleted, the smart key system and wireless
remote control cannot
When your vehicle is too close to
a vehicle ahead, and sufficient
automatic deceleration via the
cruise control is not possible, the
display will flash and the buzzer
will sound to alert the driver. An
example of this would be if
another driver cuts in front of you
while you are following a
Shifting the shift lever
Vehicles without a smart key
While the engine switch is in the "ON" position and the brake
pedal depressed*, shift the shift lever while pushing the shift
release button on the shift knob.
Vehicles with a smart key system:
While the engine switch is in I