Toyota Camry: Body
TIGHTEN BOLTS AND NUTS ON CHASSIS AND BODY
(a) If necessary, tighten the bolts and nuts on the chassis parts listed below.
- Front axle and suspension
- Rear axle and suspension
- Brake system
- Engine mounts
- Other chassis parts
(b) If necessary, tighten the bolts and nuts on the body parts listed below.
- Seat belt system
- Doors and hood
- Body mounts
- Fuel tank
- Exhaust system
- Other body parts
CLEAN OR REPLACE AIR CONDITIONING FILTER
(a) Remove the air conditioning filter.
(b) Visually inspect the surface of the air conditioning filter.
(c) If the air conditioning filter is contaminated with foreign matter, clean or replace it according to the maintenance schedule.
Some filters are not able to be cleaned.
(a) Check the engine and chassis for abnormal noises.
(b) Check that the vehicle does not wander or pull to one side.
(c) Check that the brakes work properly and do not drag.
(d) Bed-in the parking brake shoes to the drums.
(a) Check the body exterior for dents, scratches and rust.
(b) Check the underbody for rust and damage.
If necessary, replace any damaged parts or repair any damaged areas.
(a) Check the operation of the body parts.
- Auxiliary catch operates properly.
- Hood locks securely when closed.
(2) Front and rear doors
- Door locks operate properly.
- Doors close properly.
(3) Luggage compartment door
Luggage compartment door opens and closes properly.
- Seats adjust easily and lock securely in any position.
- Front seatbacks lock securely in any position.
- Fold-down rear seatbacks lock securely.
(5) Be sure to deliver a clean car. Make sure to check the following:
- Steering wheel
- Shift lever knob
- All switches and knobs
- Door handles
*1 FRONT WHEEL OPENING EXTENSION PAD RH
*2 FRONT WHEEL OPENING EXTENSION PAD LH
*3 NO. 1 ENGINE UNDER COVER
*4 NO. 2 ENGINE UNDER COVER AS
REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE 1. REMOVE FRONT WHEEL OPENING EXTENSION PAD RH
2. REMOVE FRONT WHEEL OPENING EXTENSION PAD LH Click here
3. REMOVE NO. 1 ENGINE UNDER COVER
REMOVAL PROCEDURE 1. REMOVE UNION TO CHECK VALVE HOSE (for A25A-FKS)
(a) Slide the clip and disconnect the union to check valve hose from the brake booster assembly.
(b) Slide the clip and disconnect the union to check valve hose from the No. 1 vacuum hose connector.
*1 FRONT FENDER APRON SEAL RH
*2 V-RIBBED BELT RemovalREMOVAL PROCEDURE
1. REMOVE FRONT WHEEL RH Click here
2. REMOVE FRONT FENDER APRON SEAL RH
3. REMOVE V-RIBBED BELT
(a) Release the V-ribbed belt tension