Toyota Camry: Replacement
CAUTION / NOTICE / HINT
- Prolonged and repeated contact with engine oil will result in the removal of natural oils from the skin, leading to dryness, irritation and dermatitis. In addition, used engine oil contains potentially harmful contaminants which may cause skin cancer.
- Wear protective clothing and gloves. Avoid contact with used oil. If contact occurs, wash your skin thoroughly with soap or waterless hand cleaner. Never use gasoline, thinners, or solvents to wash the skin.
- In order to protect the environment, dispose of used engine oil and used engine oil filters at designated disposal sites only.
1. REMOVE FRONT WHEEL OPENING EXTENSION PAD LH
2. REMOVE FRONT WHEEL OPENING EXTENSION PAD RH
3. REMOVE NO. 1 ENGINE UNDER COVER
4. REMOVE REAR ENGINE UNDER COVER RH
5. DRAIN ENGINE OIL
(a) Remove the oil filler cap sub-assembly.
(b) Remove the oil pan drain plug and gasket, and drain the engine oil into a container.
(c) Clean the oil pan drain plug.
(d) Install a new gasket to the oil pan drain plug.
(e) Install the oil pan drain plug.
*1 IGNITION COIL ASSEMBLY
*2 SPARK PLUG
*3 V-BANK COVER SUB-ASSEMBLY
*4 VACUUM HOSE
N*m (kgf*cm, ft.*lbf): Specif
*1 AIR CLEANER CAP SUB-ASSEMBLY
*2 AIR CLEANER FILTER ELEMENT SUB-ASSEMBLY RemovalREMOVAL PROCEDURE
1. SEPARATE AIR CLEANER CAP SUB-ASSEMBLY
If the engine will not start even though correct starting procedures
are being followed consider each of the following
The engine will not start even though the starter motor operates
One of the following may be the cause of the problem:
There may not be sufficient fuel in
Perform the following to protect the vehicle and maintain it in
Working from top to bottom, liberally apply water to the vehicle
body, wheel wells and underside of the vehicle to remove any dirt
Wash the vehicle body using a sponge or soft cloth, such as a